How do I claim a refund once I have closed my account and a credit balance remains?
You should visit your nearest Municipal Customer Care Office and request for a refund. Refunds are not automatically issued. Only the account holder can request the refund. Only original documents accepted
The following documents must be provided by the account holder:
- A certified copy of the account holder’s Identity Document.
- Original Bank Statement, stamped by the bank- not older than 30 Days and the bank account must be in the same name as the NMBM municipal account holder.
- Copy of death certificate.
- I.D. of the spouse or beneficiary.
- Letter of authority from the lawyers/will of deceased
- Stamped bank statement.
- Produce proof of payment (pay slip or debit order from bank statement).
- Affidavit stating that he/she is the person paying the stop order.
- A letter from the Executor of the estate, together with a copy of the Court’s Letter of Executorship, giving permission that the money may be paid to the person paying the stop order.
DOMESTIC - OUT OF TOWN CUSTOMERS (E-mailed documents accepted)
- Stamped copy of consumer’s bank statement not older than two months, which covers a 1-month period.
- Bank statement must indicate the customer’s out of town address.
- The name of the bank statement must be in the same name as the NMBM account name.
- The bank statement must reflect the name of the account holder and address (page 1 of bank statement).
- Certified Copy of the consumer’s I.D (Certification not older than two months).
- Letter requesting the refund and stipulating the current out of town address signed by the account holder.
- Stamped copy of bank statement (not older than two months).
- SARS tax certificate (copy acceptable).
- Letter of incorporation.
- Certified ID copies of all the company’s directors or trustees (Certification not older than 2 months).